Launching WebStart from Internet Explorer
These instructions configure Internet Explorer to launch WebStart.
System Prerequisite: The Java Development Kit (JDK) must be installed.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to a page with a link to a WebStart
- Click on the WebStart application link.
- A "File Download" window asks if you wish to open or save
the file. Verify that the box next to "Always
ask before opening this type of file" is not selected, and then
- In the "Open With..." window, select "Other...."
- Select the
located in the
$JAVAHOME\bin\javaws directory, and click
- Verify that the box next to "Always
use this program to open these files" is selected, and then