Using JBuilder with NeXtMidas
WARNING: This is a BETA version of the JBuilder support.
It refers to the current working version, and may change
significantly before the next release.
This section is intended as a reference for experienced JBuilder
users. Since JBuilder is not officially supported, new users are encouraged
to use NetBeans.
NeXtMidas comes with two new Swing widgets that embed plots and other
NeXtMidas displays within the GUIs created with JBuilder. These instructions
register NeXtMidas Widgets with JBuilder:
- Inside the "Design" pane of JComponent, right-click on the
"Swing" tab and select "Properties...."
- Press "Select Library," and then "New...."
- Enter the "Name" of "NeXtMidas," and click "Add...."
- Select the
nxm-sys.jar JAR file (located in
$NMROOT/jars directory), and click "Ok."
- Select "Ok" in each window until it returns to the "Palette Properties"
- Select "Swing" as the "Palette page to receive components."
- Select "JavaBeans in jar manifest only" and "Add From
- Click "Ok" until it returns to the editor.
When you create new panels for an existing NeXtMidas macro, make sure
the class being created extends
For tips, information, and an explanation on NeXtMidas using the
panel, go to NetBeans.