- System Requirements:
- This class was designed to be taught using 32-bit Linux systems and has been tested on
RHEL 3, RHEL/CentOS 5, and RHEL/CentOS 6 (though later RedHat versions should work fine).
- This in no way implies that NeXtMidas will not run on Windows, 64-bit Linux,
or other platforms (it runs fine on those systems).
It is just saying that the examples/labs are provided with this setup in mind.
- Required Software:
- NeXtMidas (http://nextmidas.techma.com/)
- This training requires NeXtMidas 3.6.0 or later.
- Java (http://java.oracle.com/)
- Java 7 or later (see the NeXtMidas Release Notes for details).
- Java 7 Documentation (optional, but highly recommended).
- Text Editor
- Any standard plain-text editor will do,
vi is the most popular, but
nedit also work well.
- Optional Software (used for advanced topics):
- Eclipse (Eclipse Sections Only)
- Eclipse Mars.1 Release (4.5.1)
- NetBeans (NetBeans Sections Only)
- NetBeans 6.5 along with the NetBeans Profiler and
the C/C++ Pack all of which are available at
- Intel Fortran Compiler (X-Midas Interoperability Sections Only)
- Intel Fortran Compiler for Linux (minimum version 11.1).
- Note: The Intel Fortran Compiler 9.0 does NOT work correctly!
- X-Midas (X-Midas Interoperability Sections Only)
- X-Midas 4.8.0 (or later); or X-Midas Classic 0.1.5b2 (or later).
- See the X-Midas installation documentation for more details.