- This training package provides integrated links for NeXtMidas Training.
This course contains training modules in a logical order to achieve
the stated objectives provided at the beginning of each module. The course
length depends on student background and typically will be completed in
three days or 24 hours.
- Course Structure:
- These training materials were designed to be used in either an
instructor-led class setting (for those new to NeXtMidas) or
as a self-paced online learning environment (for experienced
NeXtMidas users wishing to learn new skills).
- Course Requirements:
- NOTE: Training is based on NeXtMidas releases 3.6.0 and later.
- Things to Look For:
- Sample code:
- Throughout this training course bits of code that appear
mid-sentence are shown in fixed-width italics:
- Names of NeXtMidas commands that that appear mid-sentence
are upper-cased and shown in an a fixed-width italics:
- Blocks of code are shown in a box and appear in a fixed-width
a block of code
- From time to time a "hint box" will appear highlighting
- Hints directed at experienced X-Midas highlighting differences
between NeXtMidas and X-Midas are accompanied by a caveman
(the caveman is a common icon for X-Midas that has even been
included on the cover of the X-Midas "Primitive Programmer's
|X-Midas Users Take Note:|
Helpful advice for X-midas users.
- Hints directed at experienced Java programmers that highlight
important aspects about using NeXtMidas also appear.
Note: Duke, the Java mascot was open sourced by Sun Microsystems, Inc. on Nov. 13, 2006 and
has become "Free Graphics". For more information see
|Java Experts Take Note:|
Tips for experienced Java programmers.
- Hints that highlight new features of NeXtMidas.
or embedded in content
|New Feature (Since NeXtMidas x.y.z): |
New features since NeXtMidas version x.y.z
New feature (Since NeXtMidas x.y.z)
- There are a few things in NeXtMidas that frequently "slip up"
new users. To help you avoid these potential problems, they
are highlighted in a big friendly box.
|Don't Make This Mistake:|
Tips to help avoid common mistakes.